Baking...it's a love-hate relationship with me. However, this is one recipe I do not complain about. It's delicious. And I enjoy making this sweet treat during the holidays. Give it a try!
Cacao Honey Cake from BannerBee Co
makes one 10” round cake
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup BannerBee cacao enriched honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened, dark cacao powder
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- Preheat the oven to 325F degrees.
- Spray one 10” round cake pan well with non-stick spray.
- Combine the dry ingredients and whisk to blend. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oil with the sugars, honey and vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time and blend well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until smooth.
- Add the coffee and mix until smooth.
- Place the batter into the pan.
- Bake the cake until the top, when pressed gently, just springs back. If the indentation stays, bake a few more minutes. Do not overbake.
- When the cake is baked, remove from the oven and let sit about 10 minutes. Take a sharp paring knife and run it around the outer edge of the cake to loosen from pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar or cacao powder.
Wishing you and yours many blessings this holiday season!